Realizing Who i am

Today, while I was helping in Sunday School a little kid came up to me and said "why do you talk so wierd"?
Basically, I just ignored the situation, hoping it wouldn't come up again. Then another kid asked me "Why do you speak  so wierd"?
So yet again the situation came up. Thinking what I could possibly say, I finally came up with just the right thing to say. This is what I said;  "God Makes Everyone Different, Not One Is The Same."  On the way home I realized that "I've Never Really Accepted Who I Am."
All the kids I've met in my lifetime with a disability like me are all the people I was just plain out mean to.
Which brings me to a boy in my old apartment who always wanted to hang out with me. He was always doped up with pills because  of his  Autism . I always made up an excuse not to hang out with him and make  mean things to say about him, it was really mean of me. None of the kids in that apartment area liked him. All he really needed was a good friend. I realize that now. "God Makes Everyone Different, Not One The Same." And this is who I am...Marriam Miles,  a  14 Year Old Girl With Mild Cerebral Palsy. 

Comments

  1. I'm very proud of you for responding in such a mature way! Good for you =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Perfect Connection ♥

''It’s Okay Not to be Perfect ''

Waiting at your feet